Table of Contents
Install Engineer's FAQ
If we overlooked your question or we weren't clear with an answer, please send e-mail to DeNova's support email account.
Other technical FAQs:
How do I...
- ship a different version of the JRE than the one shipped with JExpress?
- make the download web pages look like my website?
- sign native Windows installers created by JExpress?
- sign EXEs created by JExpress for my application's menuse?
- sign Mac OS X native installers?
- create a no ask installer?
- run an installer or JExpress itself on a headless computer?
- install a java or native app as a service or daemon?
- show a java splash screen?
- test the installers from inside JExpress on Windows 8, Windows 7 or Windows Vista?
- not have JExpress build both x32 and x64 native installers?
- create an installer which automatically starts on the web?
- create an installer which auto-runs or auto-executes when the CD is inserted?
- configure JExpress so it retains the files original time stamp on the target computer?
- convert a PNG file to an icon file (e.g., ico, icns)?
- display billboards, or marquees, while the installer is running?
- install a JVM without searching the user's system for an existing one?
- set the classpath on my customer's computer?
- test the installer from my IDE?
- set the default installation directory?
- set the directory where the JVM is installed?
- add files and directories?
- name the Windows folder where my menus are added?
- add menus and launch scripts?
- create multiple install types?
- build an installer for my Java servlet?
- setup one installer for multiple programs?
- pass extra parameters on the command line?
- get my installers to have a more modern look?
- configure Mac's About box?